Friday, February 25, 2011

Easy Chily

I made easy chilly on Presidents Day (2/21/11) and here is how I made it

You will need:

2 Pounds Ground Turkey
1 Onion
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
2 JalapeƱos
2 cans of Red Beans
Couple handfuls of frozen corn
Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Ground Cumin
Hot Sauce

To start cook the ground turkey though and set aside.  Add a little oil to a large deep pan and put in the chopped onion, peppers, jalapenos and cook until tender (about 5-7 min) add back the ground turkey and put in the two cans of beans (make sure you drain and rinse them off first!).  Add the seasoning until desired amount of spice and cook for a couple of minuets.  If it looks a little on the dry side add a little bit of water (or if you have it chicken stalk) until you get the desired thickness of your chili.  I then added in a couple handfuls of corn and then let simmer for an hour on really low heat mixing occasionally.  Enjoy with some corn bread

This came out really good and I made a lot of it because I wanted to take it to work for lunch all week and it lasts.  I hope you enjoy my chili recipe as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment